Repeated Acrylic Fractures on a Mandibular Fixed Full-arch Implant-supported Metal/Acrylic Prosthesis
Clinical Case Report
DR JANICE KAN is an Australian board-certified prosthodontist, with special interests in the prosthodontic management of worn dentition, aesthetic challenges, dental implant reconstructions, and complex multidisciplinary cases.
She was awarded the Wyn Needham Memorial Prize for being the most outstanding student when she graduated from her Bachelor of Dental Science (Honours) degree at the University of Western Australia (UWA) in 2001. In 2007, she received commendations with the completion of the Primary Examinations of The Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (RACDS). Upon her graduation from the 3-year full time Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics) degree at the University of Melbourne, Dr Kan founded the Centre for Prosthodontics, formerly known as Perth Prosthodontics in 2011. Joined by her team of esteemed prosthodontists, Centre for Prosthodontics has now expanded to offer treatment in multiple practice locations.
Dr Kan is a
• Past President of the Academy of Australian and New Zealand Prosthodontists (AANZP)
• Fellow and Registered Lecturer of the International Team of Implantology (ITI)
• Fellow of the Academy of Dentistry International (ADI)
• Fellow of the International College of Dentists (ICD)
• Founder and Past President of the Women in Dentistry Society WA
• Founder of Centre for Prosthodontics Education
• Adjunct Senior Clinical Lecturer (UWA)
• Member and Guest Lecturer - International College of Prosthodontists (ICP), Australian Prosthodontic Society (APS), Australasian Osseointegration Society (AOS), Australian Dental Association.
• Member of the Dental Specialists Society of Western Australia (DSSWA)
• Guest Lecturer for the American College of Prosthodontists
With keen interest in dental implant biomechanics, Dr Kan has widely lectured on her clinical cases and academic research at various local, national and international dental events. In addition to being appointed an Adjunct Senior Clinical Lecturer (UWA) focusing on prosthodontic programs, she has founded Centre for Prosthodontics Education, through which she has provided continuing professional development for dentists over the past decade. She has published in respected international dental journal and clinical textbook, including the Clinical Oral Implants Research and ITI Treatment Guide. Dr Kan is hoping to undertake a PhD on Implant Dentistry Biomechanics in the future.