Role of Implants in Dentistry - Learning Pathways - Home
Introduction to Implant Dentistry
Role of Implants in Dentistry
This Pathway outlines the role of implants in dentistry and emphasises the importance of a prosthodontically driven approach to assessment and planning. The Pathway discusses strategic considerations for tooth maintenance versus replacement with implants and as well as implant survival and success. The Pathway also compares published outcomes of fixed conventional prosthodontic treatment options with fixed implant-supported options.
On completion of this Learning Pathway you should be able to...
- list prosthodontic indications for implant therapy
- discuss strategic considerations for maintenance of teeth versus replacement with implant-supported options
- compare outcomes of implant therapy to other conventional prosthodontic solutions
- explain the purpose and importance of a prosthodontically driven approach
- outline the predictability of periodontal therapy in maintaining periodontally compromised teeth.
ITI QR code Mvc
Share this page
Download the QR code with a link to this page and use it in your presentations or share it on social media.Download QR code