Radiographic Assessment - Learning Pathways - Home
Structured Assessment and Treatment Planning
In implant dentistry, diagnostic imaging serves two main purposes: to establish a diagnosis and to aid in surgical treatment planning. This Learning Pathway provides an overview of the role of diagnostic radiography as well as the imaging options for implant site assessment and treatment planning. The potential for image artefactsartifacts, and how to avoid misinterpretation of these, is also discussed.
On completion of this Learning Pathway you should be able to...
- explain the purpose of diagnostic imaging in implant dentistry
- list the available imaging modalities
- discuss radiation protection principles to reduce levels of dose-associated risk
- describe the benefits and limitations of both 2D and 3D imaging techniques
- describe the methods that can be employed to minimise the risk of misinterpretation of radiographic images
ITI QR code Mvc
Share this page
Download the QR code with a link to this page and use it in your presentations or share it on social media.Download QR code