Analog Impression - Learning Pathways - Home
Prosthodontic Planning and Procedures
This Learning Pathway addresses all aspects of analog (conventional) impression techniques for fixed implant-supported prostheses. It describes a prosthodontically driven approach to planning, preparation and making an analog impression. A systematic workflow with logical steps is advocated to determine choice of implant impression component and related impression technique.
The Learning Pathway also covers tissue shaping in the transition zone via a provisional prosthesis and transfer of this custom soft tissue emergence profile via the analog impression.
On completion of this Learning Pathway you should be able to...
- define analog (conventional) implant impression
- list the essential requirements of a conventional implant impression
- select conventional implant impression components and techniques
- outline a prosthodontically driven workflow of a conventional implant impression
- explain the purpose of tissue shaping in the transition zone
- describe the specific impression technique and workflow for transfer of custom soft tissue emergence profile of implant prostheses
ITI QR code Mvc
Share this page
Download the QR code with a link to this page and use it in your presentations or share it on social media.Download QR code