ITI Schoalrship applications are submitted via the application portal on this page, which opens each year on May 31 at midnight until June 30, midnight CET. Late applications will not be accepted.
Below is a list of the main requirements in order to apply for an ITI Scholarship:
- A BDS, DDS or equivalent diploma
- At least two years' postgraduate training in a dental specialization such as periodontology, oral surgery, prosthodontics or similar. Alternatively, three years of professional clinical experience as a qualified dentist including implant-related experience is acceptable. Postgraduate training must be finished by the time the Scholarship year starts, but applications may be submitted while the applicant is still in training.
- 33 years old or younger within the calendar year of application. Applicants who turn 34 during the calendar year of application can not apply.
- Commitment to teaching and education
- Sound knowledge of the local language of the preferred ITI Scholarship Center
- Language certificates for non-native speakers are required by the beginning of the ITI Scholarship year by certain ITI Scholarship Centers, please see individual ITI Scholarship Centers descriptions on the ITI website. Where no requirement is specified, language certificates for non-native speakers are recommended, but not mandatory.
Please have the following documents available for the online application process. These documents, except the picture, must be signed by hand, then saved as PDFs and uploaded to the application profile:
- A copy of ID/passport
- A personal letter of intent (no longer than 2 pages) addressed to the ITI Scholarship Committee explaining why you feel you would benefit from an ITI Scholarship, with particular emphasis on your professional aspirations for the future. Please upload the letter of intent as a single PDF. Please click here to see guidelines for the letter of intent
- Two signed letters of recommendation - the recommendations should be recent (current year) and ideally be made by a professor, ITI Fellow or similar. Please note that only recommendation letters signed by hand will be accepted
- A picture (passport format - JPG, minimum size 140 x 185 pixel)
- Language certificate (not mandatory)
To successfully complete the online application process, please note the following:
- The letter of intent and the two recommendation letters must be in English
- All documents must be in PDF format
- Make sure you have the email addresses of your two supporters
- Study the list of ITI Scholarship Centers and select two different Centers
Please also see the list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Further information can be obtained from:
Peter Merian-Strasse 88
Tel.: +41 61 207 83 83